Our belief about student learning is pivotal around our schools Learning Improvement Plan.
At Adelaide North Special School we believe students should be independently manage aspects of their lives by....
- Being confident communicators
- Making choices
- Persevering with their learning
- Being extended in their learning
- Being actively engaged in physical activities
- Being actively engaged in their social development
Key focus areas include:
ABLES (Ability Based Learning and Education Support)
AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication tools which include PODD, Proloquo2Go and eye gaze technologies. We also use numerous visual supports (including sign language visual cues) to further enhance learning opportunities and understanding.
MOVE (Mobility Opportunities via Education)
PMP (Perceptual Motor Programme)
Move to Learn
ICU (Inclusive Collaborative Unit) - for students with challenging behaviours
Life skills Programme